Monday, March 19, 2007


"Hostess CupCakes, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos: A New Theory for a New Age"

So much has certainly been said about the holy trinity of snack cakes-- Hostess Cupcakes, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos-- that I almost didn't even bother writing this, instead deferring to the incredible body of work in society's libraries. But I must say something, if only for my conscience and so I can get out of bed and move on with life: Ho Hos and Ding Dongs are basically the same, and Hostess Cupcakes very similar.

I think Ho Hos and Ding Dongs are just different injection molds and packaging, and while the Hostess Cupcakes may have a SLIGHTLY different mixture, once it's chewed up in your mouth it's probably the same as the others. No idea on SuzyQs... they don't have the outside frosting. More research is needed. Now I can greet the day! (And figure out who sells SuzyQs locally.)

2 comments:

sari gordon said...

What about the new "Nappy-Headed Ho-Hos?"

Anonymous said...

suzy qs rule funny guy
i know a source that is VERY local
will get back to you on that

About Me

My photo
Red Wing, Minnesota, United States